Monday, December 10, 2012

Fave Christmas Film - "Home Alone"

I absolutely love Christmas - for many obvious reasons, of course.  But mostly because of the Christmas themed films.  I don't know why I love them so much but they always put me in a good mood.  That being said - I think the one film that will always top my list is "Home Alone" starring the adorable little Macauley Culkin.  He played such a crafty, inventive kid.  And seriously, how can you go wrong with a film being directed by Chris Columbus and written by the late John Hughes.  I mean, this was 1990 and Mr. Columbus would go on to direct greats such as "Mrs. Doubtfire", the first two "Harry Potter" films and "Rent" to name a few.  

I'd like to remind you how star-studded this film was - allow me to introduce you to...Kevin's parents played by Catherine O'Hara and John Heard, the burglars played by Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern, a little cameo by polka band member John Candy and even Macauley's little bro, Kieran Culkin played one of the siblings.  OH!  And do you recall the "french" ticket agent?  She was played by Hope Davis - one of my fave actresses.  So, pop in "Home Alone" and relax knowing that you don't come from a family like that.  Or do you?

p.s. I totally love trailers from the '90's!


No comments:

Post a Comment