Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Go See: Joyful Reunion

Wow, where has the time gone?  Well, it definitely flies by when you're having fun and I have been having soooo much fun!  (I just returned from a two week holiday in Korea and Thailand.)

So many things to catch you up on but we'll start here with a film that touched my heart...and my stomach!  I covered the red carpet for the 2012 LA Asian Pacific Film Festival on the closing night for Audrey Magazine and got to see a screening of the film, "Joyful Reunion" which was directed by Tsao Jui-Yuan.  This touching film (which was inspired by Ang Lee's "Eat Drink Man Woman") centered around two daughters, their relationship with their vegetarian restauranteur aging father and lost love.

Director Tsao Jui-Yuan describes his film, “If EAT DRINK MAN WOMAN is said to be a film that uses savory, affection and sexual desires to explore man and woman’s family relationship and social issues then, JOYFUL REUNION will instead be using the simplicity, neutrality and purity of food to portray a long-awaited love…of course, Ang Lee did a great job. I don’t expect myself to surpass his result, but I just hope both films will shine equally in their respective era.”

So, if you're a fan of foodie films such as "Eat, Pray, Love" and "Big Night", go see this film.  And also bring some tissue as there are quite a few touching moments!


No comments:

Post a Comment