Monday, January 21, 2013

Go See: Silver Linings Playbook

By now, I'm sure you've heard of that lil' David O. Russell (he directed films such as "The Fighter" and "I Heart Huckabees") film called "Silver Linings Playbook" starring Oscar nominated Bradley Cooper and Oscar nominated Jennifer Lawrence (who just won a Golden Globe for her performance).  Oh and let me just add in six more oscar nominations for Directing, Editing, Best Motion Picture of the Year, Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Robert De Niro and Best Actress in a Supporting Role for Jacki Weaver and last but certainly not least, Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published.  Whew! 

 I will say that this role was a stepping out point for Bradley Cooper.  He was believable, seemed volatile and a bit of a loose cannon.  It was a well cast film that has superb acting in it but will Cooper snatch the Oscar this year?  As much as I wish he would, I honestly believe it will go to Daniel Day-Lewis in "Lincoln".  My two-cents are coming on that film.  Wow.  Oh and here's a little pop-up video trivia, my man-my main man, Chris Tucker is in this film and other than a "Rush Hour" film, this is the first film he's been in since 1997.  (Thanks, imdb.com for that!) Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment