Thursday, March 28, 2013

The 5er: Channel 4's Ed Webster


(Photo Disclaimer: I clearly did not interview a baby so obviously the interviewee subject is on the left. LOL)

For the best British TV recommendations, I often consult my friend, Channel 4's Ed Webster, for which he is now the reason for my absolute addiction to the infectious show, "Peep Show".  Get deeper inside his mind for more of his fave shows - albeit some of them American ones, what American-isms he fancies and why Gene Kelly is so appealing to him.

What is currently your favorite show on Channel 4?
The brilliantly written, shot and acted "Peep Show".  I'm very glad that it's coming back for another series (or season as you would say!) later this year.

 Peep Show
  
What is currently your favorite show not on Channel 4 and why?
I'm catching up with various box sets. I'm a huge fan of the "West Wing". It makes me proud to be an American. At least it would if I was.

Out of current shows, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" which I tried to get Channel 4 to acquire for the UK. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen on TV.  "Boardwalk Empire" is amazing - I'm going to New York to visit my friend Anatol Yusef this year, who plays "Meyer Lansky". While I'm there I'm going to try and persuade him that his character should have a brother.  From there it's a short walk to my own spin off series, which would like to be a musical comedy show. I'll let you know what they say.

Anatol Yusef

If you could live anywhere else than London, where would it be?
I absolutely love New York (though you never once invited me over when you lived there. I'm over it) And I could very happily live anywhere along the California coast - so beautiful. Even thinking about it makes me happy.

What makes you laugh the most about us silly Americans?
The Writers/Cast of 'It's Always Sunny...', Seth McFarlane, Oliver Hardy, Steve Martin, legal disclaimers on commercials, The 'World' Series, and the way you spell 'favourite'.

What is your favorite all-time film and why?
I want to say "The Godfather" but I think I have to go for "Singing in the Rain". When I grow up, I want to be Gene Kelly.

1 comment:

  1. The Godfather,and i did grow up to look like Marlon Brando. Ok sometime Jack Nicolson..

    ReplyDelete