Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Must See: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

By far this year, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" is one of the best films that I have seen yet.  I didn't expect it to be this amazing as I thought it was just going to be some cutesy high school indie flick.  It packed way more than a punch and had some pretty talented acting by the main bloke - Logan Lerman.  Now, who's this guy?  Apparently he's been in quite a few films for instance, the "Percy Jackson" films playing the lead character, Percy; "The Three Musketeers" and he played Bobby in the TV Show, "Jack and Bobby".  Ms. Hermoine Grainger aka Emma Watson played a cute, American senior girl with her BF gay step-bro played by the amazing Ezra Miller.  Again, who is this dude?  Well, he was in the Tilda Swinton flick, "We Need To Talk About Kevin", the show "Royal Pains" and is expected to be in the upcoming film, "Madame Bovary".  Ummm, I really want him to be my new best gay boyfriend!  Such a great cast with other supporting characters played by Dylan McDermott, Kate Walsh, Nina Dobrev ("The Vampire Diaries"), Melanie Linskey, Mae Whitman, Nicholas Braun and Joan Cusack.  Whew!  Now, have I got your attention or what? 

This is such a touching film that I think nearly anyone can relate to one of the characters in the film who are tormented in high school, trying to figure out themselves and where they fit in and it was set in the 90's.  One of my favorite lines from the film was a poignant moment for the character Charlie and he defines that moment (I won't give it away as you know I don't believe in spoiler alerts!) as - "Right now we are alive and in this moment I swear we are infinite."

It's just - wow!  Go see it!


No comments:

Post a Comment