Friday, February 15, 2013

20 Years? "Sleepless in Seattle"

Wow, has it really been twenty years since "Sleepless in Seattle" first came out?  It's truly hard to believe.  Where does the time go?  Don't answer that!  This by far is one of my most favorite romantic comedies ever.  With a huge ensemble cast, how could the late director Nora Ephron go wrong?  You've got Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, Bill Pullman, Rob Reiner, Rita Wilson, Victor Garber, Ross Malinger, Carey Lowell, David Hyde Pierce, Francis Conroy, Rosie O'Donnell and Gaby Hoffman.  Whew, is that enough for you?

Some of the best quotes:

"Destiny is something we've invented because we can't stand the fact that everything that happens is accidental." -Annie Reed

"A ho! A ho! My dad's been captured by a ho!" -Jonah Baldwin

"Well, how long is your program? Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd ever known... I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like... magic." -Sam Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment