Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall Fashion Must-Haves

Wow, a week sure goes by quickly in the heart of La-La Land. As we are in the midst of fall, I have asked my close confidante girlfriends who are entrenched in the fashion industry for that one must-have fall item.

I will begin with my friend, Selby Van Horne. Costumer extraordinaire. She has worked on many films and just wrapped up working on the top-rated show, "My Name is Earl". She recommends opting for a cute jumpsuit this fall season.

"A jumpsuit is easy to layer on a jacket, etc. and super cute with ankle booties." Here are a few to gander and drool over at one of my fave online and offline stores, Intermix.

This is an amazing lace doubleknit jumpsuit by Stella McCartney. It features a deep V front inset with delicate lace.




My other international fashionista friend is Joni Kilmurry. She is the main marketing and stylist guru at Ted Baker (located on Robertson in BH). Her do-not-leave-home, do-not-pass-go, do-not-collect-$200 item for fall is the thigh high boot. For total chic, of course, go for Gucci (see below). I mean, we are in a recession but we still need to look good.

I found examples of these beauties on Alix Rose's, blog.




But I think, we who are all fashion lovers, will agree that perhaps one of the most exciting moments that's about to launch in November is the collaboration between Jimmy Choo and H and M. Thank you, Tamara Mellon. Here's a sneak peak.




Let me know what ya'll's staple items are for this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment