Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Go See: "Hope Springs"

I went to a screening tonight, thanks to LA Magazine.  I'm a sucker for entering any type of contest and LA Mag. constantly has them for screenings to luxurious trips.  As you can see, I'm the screenings girl, as I have yet to land that fabulous trip.  Now, I normally would not have opted to see this in the theatre and would have waited to watch it on cable.  But as I said, it was a screening and I love Meryl Streep so I thought - why not?  Plus the David Frankel directed "Hope Springs" and if you recall, he also directed Mrs. Streep in "The Devil Wears Prada".  It looks like Frankel also favors working with SJP as he directed "Miami Rhapsody" and quite a few episodes of "Sex and the City". 

This is a cute, charming film about a couple who has been together for over thirty years and seem to have lost that pizzazz in their relationship.  They go to a therapist played by Steve Carell and try to work things out.  It gives you hope for relationships and marriage and you definitely see a different side to Tommy Lee Jones.  He's still a mean bully but he also has some tender moments.  So, go see it and if all else fails, take your parents - they'll get a senior discount and have a laugh about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment