Monday, June 7, 2010

'Summer Vacation' Movies

Every day I learn something new and if I don't, you might as just declare me as D.O.A. In the entertainment industry, I am often reminded of the ups and downs of people's behaviors. Who you think someone is, isn't always who they appear? But maybe they're just "acting". Welcome to Hollywood, baby!

It is at those moments where I want to consult my inspirational daily cheerleader, TUT which are little Notes from the Universe. They are daily affirmations that tell me how amazing and great I am. Aw, squish!

And to take my mind off of those excruciating moments, I let my mind reminisce about my fondest memories of summer vacation (can you just hear the song - "Summertime" by Will Smith - lingering in your head?) themed movies such as National Lampoon's Vacation with Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo. Not everyone can have flirty moments with Christie Brinkley or have a crazy cousin Eddie. Okay, can you tell I'm a child of the '80's?



Or what about those crazy/reject kids who had to go to "Summer School" with the hottie Mark Harmon or the skinny actress Kirstie Alley. If summer school was that entertaining, I would've gone by choice every year.



Quite honestly, though, I grew up around cornfields and trans-ams in the suburbs of Grove City, Ohio (a small town southwest of Columbus) so my childhood summers were more reminiscent of this film, "Children of the Corn". But don't think we actually killed people for our summertime fun, it was more like cruising the malls or swimming at a friend's house. Please, as if!

No comments:

Post a Comment