Saturday, November 17, 2012

Rent It: The Music Never Stopped

I didn't recall that I had put "The Music Never Stopped" in my Queue but was so glad that I did.  It was a surprisingly, touching story about a lost and then found only son to two loving parents who use music from his era to help him regain some of his sanity and memory.  It was an Official Selection of the 2011 Sundance Film Festival and written by Oliver Sacks who also wrote "Awakenings".  This film stars Lou Taylor Pucci (who you might remember in the indie flicks "Chumbscrubber" and Thumbsucker", oh and he was in a recent episode of "Girls"), J.K. Simmons and the british actress Cara Seymour (she played the mother in "An Education"). 

Now I just want to say - I truly believe that one of the best actors out there is J.K. Simmons.  I remember the first time I saw him was when he was on "Oz" playing an aryan bully in prison.  He was so convincing and scary and I hated his character.  He's been in everything from the "Spider-man" films to playing the super sweet dad in "Juno". This guy has been nominated for various awards but he is definitely Oscar-worthy and Emmy-worthy, and, hell - throw in a Tony while you're at it.  He's multi-talented and man, I'm just a fan, as Blake Shelton would say on "The Voice". 

No comments:

Post a Comment