Saturday, December 12, 2009

Go See: "The Lovely Bones"

Well, I didn't end up seeing "The Blind Side" but that is definitely on the list. I ended up seeing "The Lovely Bones" which I was dying to see anyway. I read the book years ago and couldn't put it down. What an amazing story! I knew that going in, this would be a tear-jerker and it definitely was. Since it was directed by Peter Jackson, I knew the effects were going to be out-of-this-world as Mr. Jackson directed all of the "Lord of the Rings" flicks. It was a spectacular dichotomy between the after-life and the "in-between" world, which resonated the film, "What Dreams May Come", directed by another New Zealander, Vincent Ward.

I predit another Oscar-nod for Saoirse Ronan and quite honestly, Susan Sarandon nearly stole the show. Be on the look-out for New Zealander Rose McIver (remember her from that new zealand flick, "The Piano"?) and the british cutie, Reece Ritchie who will be in the upcoming film, "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time". Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment